This is the eleventh in a series of posts exploring 3D modeling in Mediterranean and European archaeology. For more in this series click here. We hope these papers will start a discussion either in the comments of the blog or on Twitter using the #3DMedArch hashtag.
Guido Nockemann, Freelance Archaeologist, AMD Nockemann,
In the beginning of the 16th century up until the Thirty Years War, the city of Lemgo was turned into a Renaissance fortress with a rampart, trench and bastions – unfortunately it was never finished. The southern entrance to the city was a bastion bathed by the river Bega with an associated gate construction with rampart and outer bailey on the city side (fig. 1).
Figure 1: The Langenbrücker gate on a copperplate print of Elias and Henry van Lennep, about 1663
During archaeological excavations from 2009 to 2011 in preparation for constructions of the Langenbrücker Gate, remains…
View original post 560 more words